Ledger Nano S59.00
- It is a multi-coin wallet supporting a wide range of coins.
- Very secure with high-end security features.
- Multi-platform compatible.
- Several free applications and guaranteed updates.
- Many great features including a second screen
- Very easy to use
- Higher price tag than competitors.
Is Ledger Nano S the Best Hardware Wallet?
Cryptocurrencies require wallets for storage. No wallet no currency. We know this right? The question is, what type of wallet should I use? Each type comes with its advantages and disadvantages. However, a Hardware wallet is the best bet if security is your primary concern. With hacking being a thing, and sure to continue, keeping your money in your pocket, so to speak, is about as safe as it’ll get. This brings us to the Ledger Nano S. In this review we aim to address the security, as well as all other considerations, of the Ledger Nano S.
Type of Wallet
As mentioned, the Ledger Nano S, is a hardware wallet. And, again, this is the way to go if security is a primary concern. Because they work offline they aren’t subject to the same hacking threats as other wallets. This makes the Nano S is a solid choice for storing cryptocurrency.
Included with Wallet
The Ledger Nano S wallet includes:
- The Ledger Nano S
- USB cable
- Recovery Sheet
The high-end security features making it one of the best hardware wallets
Mobile and desktop wallets may offer a bit more flexibility in accessing your digital currency but they don’t offer this level of security. The loss of cryptocurrency is irreversible. There is no one to call and nothing to be done. When it’s gone… It’s GONE! So, carefully consider Security when choosing your next cryptocurrency wallet.
- Pin codes – A 4-digit PIN is required every time it is connected to a computer preventing unwanted access.
- Inbuilt Display – Providing a secure way to set-up the device and to validate transactions.
- Physic confirmation – Yet another great security feature. Any transaction requires pressing a button on the device for providing physical confirmation.
Safety & Security
- The Ledger Nano S hardware wallet guarantees the safety of the cryptocurrency by storing sensitive and confidential data within a tamper-proof secure environment.
- This ensures private keys aren’t accessed by unauthorized individuals.
The Ledger Nano S helps minimize the loss of coins by using an integrated backup feature. It does this by backing up the account and coin details to a recovery sheet.
The Ledger Nano is a very easy to use and intuitive device and detailed instructions are provided with the wallet. Additionally, Ledger has comprehensive online resources to explain the setup and use of the device.
- Order your Ledger Nano S.
- Connect your wallet to your computer with the USB cable
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Select your 4-digit PIN. Pick something you’re sure to remember. You’ll need it EVERY TIME you access to connect the device to a computer.
- Create your first Backup.
- Install the Ledger apps on your computer. There are over 50 and all free.
- That’s it, you’re good to go! You can now send and receive cryptocurrencies from your wallet.
The Ledger Nano S is designed to be compatible with the following Operating Systems
- Linux OS
- Windows 7 and above
- Mac OS 10.8 and above
- Chrome OS
The Ledger Nano S is a multi-cryptocurrency wallet allowing the storage of all your coins in one very secure location. The top supported coins can be sent & received with Ledger Live.
The Ledger Nano S supports over 700 coins and tokens including:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Zcash (ZEX)
- Dash (DASH)
Other less popular coins & tokens may require additional software for sending and receiving.
The Nano S wallet is, of course, made by Ledger. Ledger is a well respected and established company based in San Francisco, Paris and Vierzon.
They have a track record of excellent customer support and are considered very reputable.
While the Ledger Nano S is very easy to use and comes with detailed instructions, a technical issue can come up. Solutions can often time be found in their online resources or users can contact tech support directly. Ledger has reliable and helpful customer support committed to solving issues.
The Ledger Nano S and Ledger, in general, have earned community trust and loyalty. It is considered by many to be the best hardware wallet. This is in no small part due to the sophisticated security features, ease of use, reliability, helpful customer service, and a demonstrated commitment to improving products with the latest technology.
The Ledger Nano S is a bit more expensive than its main competitors. This is in part due to its many features including greater coin support.
Ledger Nano S currently retails at $99.
Ledger Nano S transactions are subject to transaction fees.
The Ledger Nano S is an EXCELLENT cryptocurrency wallet! It is ideally suited to both beginners and professionals alike. Its security features are excellent for storing large amounts of cryptocurrency. At the same time, it gives great peace of mind to anyone storing, sending, or receiving any amount.
Whatever your situation, the Ledger Nano S Wallet guarantees to safeguard your coins.
It’s advanced integrated security features (inbuilt display, push-button verification & PIN) are only enhanced by it’s intuitive, easy-to-use, interface.
These wallets are the real-deal, they provide safe and secure storage and are made by an established supportive company.
Verdict: It’s an EXCELLENT product at an affordable price.